Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ?

Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 07, 2016 01:17AM) rgo
Hi Ken

I have done Encore Blu-Ray projects, but this is the first where the Main Menu and each page with Chapters, the screen has gone RED with TEXT all over it. After 30 seconds, it goes away and the screen is black with the video windows present.

The DVD plays and the chapter menus navigate.

How does this Happen ?

How do I fix it ?

Of the 2 images I've attached, Number 3 image is what it should look like....the other is what I am getting.

Anyone have an idea whats happening or how to fix it ?

Thanks...as always Ken

Dick Osso
Re: Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 07, 2016 06:43PM) Joe Redifer
That's weird. Look in the timeline for that particular menu. Does the video/graphics etc start at the beginning? Are the graphics where Encore expects to find them? Odd that Encore did not warn of this during the build. CS5 or CS6?
Re: Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 08, 2016 12:27AM) rgo
Hello to All

The movement from one computer to another is what came to me in the middle of the night. I will try it again. I am wondering if my iMac 27 inch 5K, using ENCORE will let me attach the DVD burner and burn the Disk. I will try it.

Thank you Ronny & Joe
Dick
Re: Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 07, 2016 08:39PM) ronny courtens
Hey Dick,

I think the problem is that you have been moving your Encore project from one machine onto another. Encore projects don't include the media you use in the project, it just links to the media on your computer. When you move the project to another computer that does not have the media required for the project, you will get Media Offline when you build/burn the project.

As Joe says, it is strange that Encore does not give you a warning message when you try to build the project. But this could be a quirk in the program.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 09, 2016 12:43AM) rgo
Hi Ken, Ronny and Joe

I have now started over by editing everything on one computer, where I have built Blu-Ray projects before.

Question....if I use Compressor on my iMac to create the BR files and save them on my external hard drive. Then, when I move over to the Mac Pro to build the BR DVD, are those Compressor Files corrupted made on the iMac and created problems on the Mac Pro ?

2. Here is what happened now. I have never seen this before and not sure what it means. The DVD is only 19 gb, so the project would fit on the 25 gb disk.

Today, DAY 3 and losing time and money, I will build everything from scratch, right our of FCPX and use Compressor on all files and build the BR DVD. Then everything is there.....and see what happens.

Any thoughts on my two questions ?

Thank you all again.....

Dick Osso
Re: Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 09, 2016 11:54AM) Joe Redifer
Usually this means the audio is longer than the video. Go to the timeline indicated and zoom waaaaay in. Drag the audio so that it ends a frame or two before the video ends. You'll need to zoom way in to do this like I said. Save your project. Once you do that it should be OK.

Re: Encore Blu-Ray Main Page All RED With Weird TEXT. HELP ? (April 10, 2016 12:08AM) rgo
Wow....thanks Joe.....Simple as that.....WHY couldn't that error message say that ?

Most appreciative

Dick Osso
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login