Re: Fcp 7

Fcp 7 (April 19, 2016 07:55PM) omawwad
Hi
I have a problem with fcp 7 , I installed recently fcp x on Yosemite 10.10.3 and it's working fine, but I need also to install fcp 7 on the same machine , when I try to install it it gives me the error message and it does not want to install again , is this has to do because of the two versions of fcp or because fcp7 does not work with Yosemite
Thanks
Re: Fcp 7 (April 20, 2016 01:45AM) VidGreg
Hi omawwad
Would help if you told us what the error message said. This will help us help you. List the steps you are doing and when and what the error is.
Yes FCP7 can be installed and will run on Yosemite.
It is possible you need to make a disc image and make sure you have your product key for the installation.

Hope this helps, Greg
Re: Fcp 7 (April 21, 2016 06:03AM) omawwad
here is the message I receive when I want to install again the fcp 7
Re: Fcp 7 (April 21, 2016 07:27AM) VidGreg
Hi omawwad
For some reason your installer disk is either not installing the necessary FCP7 resource "ProFX.framework/Versions/A?ProFX or if it is, the app launcher is not recognizing the image file. I did verify that this file exists on my El Capitan installation of FCP7. This file was initially created as part of the FCP Suite in 2009 and this particular file itself has a creation date of 7/13/10. It is 1.2MB exec file.

So first things first
Is this the original discs that FCP Suite came on? If this is a pirated copy, I cannot help you. You are missing files.
Via the Finder, have you navigated to this Folder/File to see if it is there? If it is, then check the size against the above (1.2MB) If not there, try the rest…
Do other Final Cut Pro files show up in the ProApps folder in Application Support? Trying to determine if this is the only missing file.
Have you rebooted your computer since trying to install?
It is possible that the disc itself is damaged and the file is not being written. Any physical damage to the disc.
You did try to install more than once, correct?
You might try to make a disc image of the Install disc itself and see if that helps. This is on the 1st install disc (I think??)
You can try to open the Installer disc with something like "Pacifist" and pull out just that component and then manually install in the proper folders in Finder. This should work, no guarantees. You may get a different error after placing there.
You can also access these files using Terminal in lieu of Pacifist, but that takes knowledge of Terminal.
If you have FCP7/Suite installed on another computer or OS volume/drive, you should be able to copy and paste the folders via Finder.
The reason this might not work is if the OS runs an install script that generates a specific file into some hidden log and manually placing here does not log it as available. Don't think this is the case as the program is trying to find the file and it looks like it knows where to look, so placing it in should work.
Try these, answer the questions and hopefully you are good to go, if not let's us know and I will try to think of something else.

Hope this helps, Greg
p.s. Attaching file to show some of the files in this path…
Re: Fcp 7 (April 21, 2016 08:32AM) Joe Redifer
Move Final Cut Pro X somewhere else when you install FCP7 (like in a folder called FCPX or whatever). After it's done installing, put FCP7 in a folder called Final Cut Studio. Then put FCPX back in the root of applications folder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login