Re: motion 4 with fcpx?

motion 4 with fcpx? (May 17, 2016 10:30AM) Martin Sayles
Hi,

Still love my 7, but got X because some gigs required it. I'm partitioned with mountain lion running 7 and el capitain running X. When I try to import motion file, it is not highlighted. I figure that's that, but I thought I would ask smarter people if there is a way to import? I also tried to load the program but that wasn't happening either.

Thanks~~ms
Re: motion 4 with fcpx? (May 17, 2016 01:03PM) VidGreg
Hi Martin
Motion 4 does not work with FCPX. You would need to purchase Motion 5, $50.00 USD in App Store. The good part is that 5 is way better than 4. All effects in FCPX can be opened in Motion 5 and modified with new parameters published to FCPX. Not really round tripping, which I do miss, but easy enough.

Hope you learn to like FCPX as much as I do. I try not to use FCP7 unless I absolutely have to, and even then I mostly just export out an XML via 7 to X and edit in X. Takes some getting used to, mostly in forgetting what you learned in 7.

Hope this helps, Greg
Re: motion 4 with fcpx? (May 18, 2016 06:12PM) Martin Sayles
Hi Greg,

I was trying your advice. I exported a sequence to an XML, but X didn't highlight it to allow me to open. Am I missing a step?

Thanks again~~ms
Re: motion 4 with fcpx? (May 18, 2016 07:32PM) ronny courtens
Re: motion 4 with fcpx? (May 19, 2016 06:06AM) philsfilm
Sounds good, Ronny. Keep us posted.

-Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login