Re: Best DVD media

Best DVD media (June 05, 2016 01:35PM) pnutsnz
Hi everyone, I think I might have a really easy question, but good to get feedback.

A while ago I managed to purchase a batch of Ritek DVD+R Glossy blank media. They went perfect for the job then, now I am in the process of trying to purchase some new ones - preference to Ritek.
I went to Amazon.com to check it out and the general consensus there was Ritek are no good, 40% to 60% failure rates. And yet I had no trouble with using them.
But the big problem is I cannot get the 'Glossy' media from Ritek. Quite annoying as it is hard to maintain standards when I cannot repeat the quality of the end product.
So I went online and found another brand that did have Glossy media. This brand is "Quantum".
Any ideas?, recommendations perhaps?.
What is the brand of choice from members of this forum?. Be great to find out!.
Thanks for any help!.

Pete
Re: Best DVD media (June 08, 2016 03:52AM) Tom George
I don't know if they have glossy media but I have used Verbatim with great success.

Tom
Re: Best DVD media (June 08, 2016 10:44AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Best DVD media (June 10, 2016 06:41PM) pnutsnz
Thanks Tom & David, appreciate it.

I shall try out the JVC discs. Ironic as I believe it was JVC (Victor Company of Japan) that invented the Video Home System (VHS).

Thanks guys,

Pete
Re: Best DVD media (June 10, 2016 11:19PM) Gypaetus
There were several reports a few years ago that the combination (DVD) burner + blank disks is very important.

So not every hardware brand is suitable to every disk.

Anyway, I had good experience with Verbatim too (I used the printable ones). Beware - this can change, when they bring out any new type, - for the better or worse.

Greetings
Re: Best DVD media (June 11, 2016 08:05AM) David
check out supermediastore.com. They have Ritek, Verbatim, & Taiyo Yuden among many others. I still don't understand the "economy" line and a "premium" line, unless its the printable surface. Makes no sense for a manufacture to make different recording qualities. Bad for business. I have used Ritek almost exclusively, with only a handful of rejects out of a few thousand. My Pioneer duplicator (also purchased at SMS) can "verify" your recording and reject any bad discs, so the client never will see a bad dvd.
DD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login