LIBRARY ::: the managed object model version

LIBRARY ::: the managed object model version (June 13, 2016 09:56AM) ananjar
Hi,
I was running all my stuff in a fcx 10.0.5 version. All was fine. I update to 10.2 (OSX El Capitan) and was fine too. But I've reinstall OS to OSX 10.8, because it's my best configuration) and when I try to open the library in fcx 10.0.5, it appears the message "thethe managed object model version used to open the persistent store is incompatible". That means all the old projects and events are lost, and I can't work with them. FCX 10.2 makes some like a capsule with the files -they are sorted specifically and so on-.

I've tried to copy the hierachy of files in folders like in version 10.0.5 but... nothing.
How can recover them to be useful? Nowadays all the work are crashed.

FCX 10.2 needs an OS upper than 10.8, that makes my computer run a little bit upset.

Thanks!
Re: LIBRARY ::: the managed object model version (June 13, 2016 10:40AM) VidGreg
Hope you made clones of your drive prior to upgrading. That is most likely the only way to recover.
Not only are there significant OS differences, but library structures and other aspects of FCPX changed between 10.0 and 10.2 and when you opened 10.2 FCPX would have converted all libraries/event/projects to the new format. Not compatible with old.
You could always install the new versions on a bootable external drive and work them from there and then go back to earlier version of OS/FCPX on another drive for new work.

Always, always make back-up versions and even clones before upgrading.

Sorry no better advice

Hope this helps, Greg
Re: LIBRARY ::: the managed object model version (June 14, 2016 03:05AM) ananjar
Thanks VidGred. Shampoo: oh, oh... we're in trouble.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login