Re: Missing Fonts

Missing Fonts (June 20, 2016 06:49AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I've noticed lately that certain fonts which I have cut into my timeline will, upon opening a project, disappear and be replaced by Helvetica. In every case, it's a font that is shipped with FCP X and can be found here:
/Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/Flexo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Fonts/

When I restart the iMac, the correct font appears. In the most recent case, it was "Forgotten Futurist” and “Flatbush”. In the past, it has been GAZ and Hopper Script. This is extremely upsetting because if there are many titles in a timeline, I have to be certain that nothing has changed upon re-opening. I don't have time to continually check and re-check to make sure FCP X has not lost any of my titles.

I have found that the only way to insure that this does not occur is to import the titles in question
into the Font Book on my main hard drive. However, in the case of "Forgotten Futurist” and “Flatbush” I got the message and a red marker that there was a “serious problem” with these fonts and and that I should not import them into the Font Book.

Has anyone else encounter this problem? Not only is upsetting, annoying and time-consuming, but very difficult to explain to a client in the room that the font they chose is missing.
I did report as a bug to FCP Feedback.

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Missing Fonts (July 08, 2016 04:42AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I still have not been able to resolve this problem. Apple tech support had me remove FCP X app and re-install. Didn't work. Their next suggestion was to remove and re-install my entire OS (10.11.5-El Capitan). I was reluctant to do this because: 1) the fonts in question do not come with the Font Book. They shipped with FCP X; 2) All my legacy apps (FCP 7, DVDSP 4, Soundtrack Pro) are working well and I've read that a clean install of El Capitan may upset this.
I've been on the Apple Communities forum as well and gotten no answers.

-Phil
Re: Missing Fonts (July 28, 2016 08:05AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Missing Fonts (July 28, 2016 10:51AM) philsfilm
Yes, I do and (see above) when I checked inside the FCP X app, it was there, too. How do I get it to remain "permanent" when I open a FCP X project without having to check and re-start?
As I mentioned above, this happened with GAZ and Hopper Script a while back. But when copy and pasted them into Font Book, the problem went away. When I tried that with Forgotten Futurist, I got the "serious error" message (see above).

-Phil
Re: Missing Fonts (July 28, 2016 12:03PM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Missing Fonts (July 28, 2016 12:30PM) philsfilm
I really don't know what it could be. I've re-installed both Motion and FCP X. The Apple tech suggested re-installing El Capitan but I really don't want to do this for the above reason (see July 8th entry). Besides, both these fonts are from Motion and FCP X, not the OS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login