Re: color correction PLEASE HELP!

color correction PLEASE HELP! (July 01, 2016 06:04AM) Margo
I shot an exterior interview that has a yellow cast to the right side of the woman's face. I've been trying to correct it without no success.

I'm editing in FCP7. Any suggestions would be so very welcomed.

Please help!

Thanks,
Margo
Re: color correction PLEASE HELP! (July 02, 2016 12:43AM) XGTV
Using the 3 way color corrector. At the bottom of the control panel there is a disclosure triangle, limit effect. This will open up more controls. Using the eye dropper you can select the color you wish to work on. This will allow you to isolate that color and cc it without affecting the rest of the image. I think Ken did a tutorial on this many years ago but try doing a search on the web for Fcp7 limit effect
Re: color correction PLEASE HELP! (July 02, 2016 01:16AM) philsfilm
I agree about the 3 way color corrector. Also, if there is any white in the scene, you can use the dropper to sample it and do a white balance.
Re: color correction PLEASE HELP! (July 02, 2016 02:52AM) XGTV
Phil, yes of course, but I'm talking about "Limit effect" which is at the bottom of your picture. The disclosure triangle at the bottom left opens up the extra controls. I think this is where Margo needs to be. If it is a case of light refection from a coloured surface but the overall white balance is correct trying to get rid of the yellow globally will affect the whole image. Using Limit effect allows you to isolate, in this case the yellow, and correct that only, leaving the rest of the image untouched.
Re: color correction PLEASE HELP! (July 02, 2016 04:15AM) Margo
Thank you so very much. I'm going to try these suggestions and research Ken's limit effect. So much appreciated.

Margo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login