Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro

Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 13, 2016 05:01AM) KB
Hi,

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I haven't had to do any DVD authoring in a long time and now I'm being asked to do a project and I haven't done one since I did in DVD Studio Pro... which is no more.

What are people using as a replacement for DVDSP?

I've looked around but can't really find a solution.

Thanks!!!!
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 13, 2016 10:02AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 13, 2016 03:58PM) Joe Redifer
You can still use DVD Studio Pro. Adobe Encore is much better but is also discontinued. If you have the full Creative Cloud plan you can download it with CS6 for free. But you are NOT supposed to create DVDs any more. Tell your client that Apple and Adobe says they are wrong for wanting a DVD and that they should feel ashamed for asking. It's all about the cloud now, man. The cloud! Absolutely NOBODY wants physical media and if they do they are wrong. Apple and Adobe say so!

I'm being a smart ass, by the way.
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 17, 2016 11:53AM) philsfilm
Been at a couple of film festivals where, instead of asking filmmakers to bring Blu-rays or DVDs, they downloaded files from the Cloud or the Filmfreeway website. In some cases, the files played fine. In others, there were glitches and/or audio and video dropouts which were not in the originally uploaded file.
Just sayin'.
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 18, 2016 01:40PM) KB
Toast is VERY basic. I only use it for stuff for people who need auto play with repeat. It's almost useless for menus and other things.

I'm really surprised there isn't any option to take the place of DVDSP. I would have thought something would have popped up.
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 19, 2016 02:42AM) Ken Stone Admin
FCP does offer very basic and simplistic DVD authoring and burning. In FCP X it does work properly can even make chapters.

--ken
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 26, 2016 06:34PM) Joe Redifer
Too bad there will be no way for consumers to author UHD Blu-rays. Ever. Got 4K material? Screw you, no low-cost distributable physical media for you. They really did their best to discourage with the Blu-ray fee. The studios absolutely do not want you making media unless you pony up unreasonable amounts of $$$. So much for the fair market.
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 26, 2016 11:58PM) philsfilm
Who said anything about the market being fair? Look at the EpiPen swindle.
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 27, 2016 04:39AM) Ken Stone Admin
Getting pretty ugly out there. So sad.

--ken
Re: Need Replacement For DVD Studio Pro (August 27, 2016 10:40AM) philsfilm
Glad my DVDSP4 still works like a charm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login