Re: How Do I Import Footage From a Regular DVD into FCP 7

How Do I Import Footage From a Regular DVD into FCP 7 (November 02, 2016 02:25AM) UptownVideo
Hello...How would I import footage that is on a regular DVD into FCP Studio 7 so it can be edited? A client gave me a DVD of raw footage on a DVD of his wedding and wants it edited for a short highlight video and then burned back to a DVD. I am using an iMac w/FCP Studio 7. Thanks.

Philip
Re: How Do I Import Footage From a Regular DVD into FCP 7 (November 02, 2016 04:58AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Philip,

What is the format of the video on the DVD?

If it's video footage, not encoded as DVD (as with a commercial DVD), then just drag the video files from the DVD to your Media drive and import into FCP.

--ken
Re: How Do I Import Footage From a Regular DVD into FCP 7 (November 02, 2016 05:05AM) UptownVideo
Hi Ken, It's not a commercial DVD. It's footage shot by someone else and he put it on a DVD for the bride and groom to view. I'm not sure what format he used (shot 4 years ago). Unfortunately, he took off (out of business) and no way for me to contact him to find out what he did. Thanks.

Philip
Re: How Do I Import Footage From a Regular DVD into FCP 7 (November 02, 2016 05:49AM) Ken Stone Admin
Then just mount the DVD on the Desktop, open the DVD and select the files and drag into your media drive.

--ken
Re: How Do I Import Footage From a Regular DVD into FCP 7 (November 03, 2016 04:16PM) Alexander
…but it may be encrypted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login