scaling multiple clips

scaling multiple clips (June 16, 2008 12:12AM) macfilm
Hi, I have a thirty minute timeline all edited but now have realized I need to scale the clips down a bit in the motion tab (I wont go into detail why)!

Question is, is there a way to select all the clips and scale them down in one go cause right now I'm just opening each individual clip and pasting the scale value in which is as you can imagine a very time consuming task.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(FCS2 with all latest updates & 10.5.3)
Re: scaling multiple clips (June 16, 2008 12:41AM) jlcinc
Hi Macfilm,

Scale one clip to the size you want and copy it. Select all the other clips and either option click or right click or from the edit menu choose paste attributes and then select basic motion.

John
Re: scaling multiple clips (June 16, 2008 12:44AM) macfilm
Worked perfect John, thank you very much
Re: scaling multiple clips (June 16, 2008 12:52AM) ronny courtens
This is possible, as long as the scaling is the same for all your clips.

1. Scale your first clip. When you are satisfied with the result, select the scaled clip in the timeline and press CMD+C to copy the clip.

2. Group-select all the other clips you wish to scale in the timeline, then R-click on the selection and choose "Paste Attributes" from the list. The Paste Attributes window will open.

3. In the Paste Attributes window, select the "Basic Motion" checkbox (see pic) and press OK. All your selected clips will scale to the value of your first scaled clip.

Note: you can use this method to copy different attributes from one clip to one or more others, such as crop settings, drop shadows, video and audio filters etc...

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: scaling multiple clips (June 16, 2008 12:54AM) ronny courtens
Oops.

John, you beat me to this one. I need some coffee.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login