Re: what happened to quicktime 10

what happened to quicktime 10 (December 03, 2016 03:50AM) peter rooney
I'm still fooling around with getting Encore legal h264s for blurays and I've a separate partition with 10.7 installed where I do my encore authoring. So while in 10.7 I opened a qt file and went to export a quick copy and lo and behold all the usual export formats are reduced to about 4 including one for 1080p. OK I thought I'll try that. My footage is 1080 so I exported the file and QT10 converted ithe horizantal res to 1888 ?? Poking around in QT 10 I'm SO glad I've retained a legacy system
Re: what happened to quicktime 10 (December 03, 2016 05:59AM) Joe Redifer
I don't think anyone ever took Quicktime X seriously. Also I always use Compressor's Blu-ray option to make .264 files for Encore.
Re: what happened to quicktime 10 (December 03, 2016 07:40AM) peter rooney
Joe I was happy with compressors h264 until I saw the same file encoded REALLLLLLY SLOWLY with streamclip, which did an outstanding job. But its unusable in encore without transcoding again. As for the hardware solutions we discussed, adequate for everything, including streaming but encore won't accept their 'flavour' of h264. What a puzzle. Not giving up just yet, I love a puzzle.
Re: what happened to quicktime 10 (December 03, 2016 11:52AM) Joe Redifer
Re: what happened to quicktime 10 (December 03, 2016 10:38PM) peter rooney
What Version of encore are you on. The top level hardware encoders are Matrox, designed for commercial use, the hauppague, elgato are regarded as consumer products. I need a top level quality encode so was looking at the Matrox solutions but online discussions are repleat with examles of encore refusing hardware encodes without transcoding.
Jo are your h264s coming from the elgato ?
Re: what happened to quicktime 10 (December 04, 2016 09:41AM) Joe Redifer
Re: what happened to quicktime 10 (December 04, 2016 07:17PM) peter rooney
thanks Joe, I'd misunderstood you. I thought you meant that you were feeding 264s from the elgato into encore. Your compressor interface looks like a recent version from the FPX suite. I'm still on FCP studio version. I'll do a few encodes with your version and compare quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login