G4 will not power up.

G4 will not power up. (December 19, 2016 08:39AM) misterpie73
I recently moved all my video equipment and computers to another location and now my Power Mac G4 will not power on. Is there a fuse or reset button that I don't know about? My new iMac had no issues after the move. I need to get to some older projects on the G4 that were created with older software. Since it won't power up, I can't give you all the particulars about the system, but it's about 15 years old. Thanks.
Re: G4 will not power up. (December 19, 2016 08:55AM) Joe Redifer
Wow. A G4. You might try resetting the PRAM. You'll have to Google how to reset the PRAM on a G4. I believe it may involve opening the hinge (assuming it's a G4 tower) and pressing a button on the motherboard somewhere.
Re: G4 will not power up. (December 24, 2016 12:19AM) peter rooney
I still have a G4, it has 5 drives inside it. It;s a reliable old workhorse. Are you getting absolutely nothing when you press the power button. No sound, no power button light? If absolutely nothing try a new fuse in the power plug. In my cas I have had an occasional powerup failure. I opened the case, removed and re-inserted the IDE cable to my start-up drive and it started.
Re: G4 will not power up. (December 24, 2016 10:35AM) Alexander
Try changing the small disposable battery inside the unit.

Cheers
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login