Flow transition altered in Sierra

Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 02, 2017 08:49AM) philsfilm
I recently upgraded my OS to Sierra 10.12.2. Since then, I've noticed that the Flow Transition in FCP X does not create the same type of transition as it did under the 10.11.6 El Capitan OS. Instead of a morphing transition, it's more of a straight dissolve. As a check, I re-booted from my backup El Capitan OS drive, opened FCP X and saw that the Flow Transition in the same Library and Project was in the original morph format.
Unless the transition has been intentionally altered, I think this is a bug.

-Phil
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 02, 2017 02:57PM) Joe Redifer
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 02, 2017 03:46PM) philsfilm
I did that, Joe. I also spoke to the Apple Pro. Apps people and gave them the info. They tested it on their end and acknowledged that it's a bug. He said that it should be corrected in the next FCP X update. We'll see but I won't hold my breath.
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 03, 2017 08:34AM) Joe Redifer
Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get some response. I agree that it's best not to get one's hopes up, but this transition is kind of important to a lot of people. Adobe Premiere has had it for a while and they don't wanna fall behind.
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 17, 2017 03:37PM) philsfilm
So far no luck. The Apple Senior Advisor who tested it himself and got the same result passed it up to his supervisors.
Guess what? They're stonewalling the whole issue. Here's the Official Response:

"If the Flow transition is used as designed and as intended, it works as expected in both OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12.2."

I've been talking to another Apple guy but I'm beginning to see the handwriting on the wall. What they say about Apple
being more interested in the iPhone customer than the professional editor may be true. If so, it's no wonder that Adobe
is taking the lead.
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 18, 2017 11:34AM) Joe Redifer
Taking the lead? Adobe has won the race and lapped Apple 5 times in the process.

Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 18, 2017 11:38AM) philsfilm
I was being polite.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login