Image Flow Fx Help

Image Flow Fx Help (June 16, 2008 12:15AM) Scott Wolfson
Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with problems I'm having with the Image Flow FX plugins I bought for photo montages. First, Core Melt says that the plugins all work in real time with no render. Every time I select a folder to use with a plugin, I get an orange bar over my video; I have to render in order to play the timeline, not real time as advertised. I'm running a Power Mac G5 dual 2.3 gig processor with 2.5 gigs of RAM. Secondly, some of the pictures are cut off on the screen when applying these generators. I am dealing with photos of different sizes. I tried following the tutorial on their website and as posted on Creative Cow but it didn't make much sense to me. I went to iphoto to see if I can resize the photos as detailed in the tutorial, but I don't see an option in file export to resize both the height and width, just one or the other in my iphoto interface. I am running iphoto 08 version 7.1.2

I read Steve Douglas' review of this product and was impressed. But I am not impressed with all the problems I'm having to try to get these "simple" plugins to work. In the meantime, I'm sticking with Fotomagico, which is very simple but quick and gets the job done. I used to do my montages in FCP, but as stated in a recent article by Mark Spencer movement in FCP isn't smooth, especialy when dissolving from one picture to another when you do pan and scan movements.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott
Re: Image Flow Fx Help (June 16, 2008 02:05AM) sbeisen
Re: Image Flow Fx Help (June 16, 2008 02:06AM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login