compressor settings

compressor settings (May 11, 2017 01:09PM) Margo
Hi Ken, I'm working in FCP7. You published an article and I can't locate it. It had step by step directions on how to create a setting in compressor for Apple Pro Res HQ 1920X1080 with square pixels, 29.97 fps. It indicated working in "inspector" and the geometry settings.

I am desperate to find this article so I can create those settings on my laptop.

Could you point me in the direction of that article?

Thank you!
Margo
Re: compressor settings (May 11, 2017 01:54PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Margo,

I'm not sure which article you are referring to, could you be more specific? Also, are you sure that it was ProRes and not H.264?

--ken
Re: compressor settings (May 11, 2017 03:13PM) Margo
Hi Ken,

It was definitely Pro Res 422. I would bring the clips in to compressor and then convert them to a Pro Res 422 setting size 1920X1080.

It gave a step-by step using the geometry tab. I've attached a screen grab of what the clips looked like when they came in to FCP7.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your quick response Ken.

Margo
Re: compressor settings (May 12, 2017 06:54AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Margo,

I've been through my articles several times but can't seem to find the article that you are looking for.

Do you have this custom setting on another Mac?

Maybe take one very short clip and try making a few settings in Compressor and then process that clip and place into FCP. Check the settings against the one pictured above.

--ken
Re: compressor settings (May 14, 2017 07:48AM) Margo
Hi Ken,

When I returned to my office I found the information. Ronny had written it in response to "Square aspect ration on imported compressor ProRes clips."

I'm now hooked up on my laptop.

Thank you as usual for your support!

Margo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login