Re: MacPro Update

MacPro Update (July 11, 2017 04:12PM) Tom George
For those of you following my transition from G5 Tiger to MacPro Leopard. I received my MacPro today and here's what I did so far:
Attached both external monitors and they both work and I have them adjusted for right and left side and the mouse moves properly from one to the other.
Attached my four external drives via FW and they all show up on the Desktop and the files are in them. I ran Disk Utility on all drives and Permissions are good.
Attached USB thumb drive and files show.
Attached SD card reader and files show.
Attached external DVD burner and burned a DVD with photo.
Did the same with the internal DVD drive.
Attached my external speaker but no sound. Adjusted settings in Preferences and now songs play with QT and iTunes.
Opened QT and tried to play a video clip but video would not play. I think I need some kind of upgrade for QT to play video clips.
I didn't hook up my Epson V500 Photo Scanner but did download the driver onto my Windows PC Desktop and hope to be able to install it on the MacPro.
I could not go on the Internet with my MacPro. I probably checked the one box at some point. I can work on that later.
Took the MacPro to the Mac shop and they will try to load the program files from my G5. If all goes well I should have a working editing system soon. Tom
Re: MacPro Update (July 11, 2017 09:04PM) Alexander
Check if you have QuickTime Pro

Cheers
Alexander
Re: MacPro Update (July 12, 2017 12:03AM) Tom George
I'll have to check with the Mac shop. Tom
Re: MacPro Update (July 12, 2017 06:05PM) Alexander
No need look at the QT Player 7 under "registration"

Cheers
Alexander
Re: MacPro Update (July 13, 2017 08:06AM) Tom George
Computer is in the shop for upgrading to MacPro from my G5. Tom
Re: MacPro Update (December 13, 2017 03:28AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: MacPro Update (December 13, 2017 03:40AM) Tom George
Christoph,

No. I'm just reaching out to probably hundreds or thousands of site users who just might happen to have such an old camera as mine and would like to get rid of something collecting dust on the shelf. As I've mentioned in some earlier post that my video services to my clients are with old media and I use old equipment to process it. I don't need the cable to do that part of the project but I like to have backups for my ancient stuff.

So if someone reading this has a working VHSC camera with the proper cables that they don't need or want anymore then I'm very willing to take it off their hands.

It would be nice to be using the latest and greatest FCP X and the computer that uses it but I would probably have trouble getting all that old stuff into it.

Thanks for asking though,

Tom
Re: MacPro Update (December 13, 2017 05:55AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: MacPro Update (December 13, 2017 06:04AM) Tom George
Actually, if anyone out there has any tape cameras in working condition and want to get rid of it, let me know. I can always use backups.

Tom
Re: MacPro Update (December 13, 2017 10:42AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: MacPro Update (December 13, 2017 02:11PM) Tom George
I need to use NTSC cameras but thanks anyway. Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login