Pixelmator

Pixelmator (July 12, 2017 12:03PM) Tom George
If I can't get my old Photoshop to work with Snow Leopard then I'll consider Pixelmator. I turn on my Epson scanner then through PS I can choose that scanner, select the area of the photo, slide or negative, scan, then do a quick fix up of the image if needed. Just simple stuff. Then I name and save to a Desktop folder. Can I choose the scanner, select a scan area of photos, slides and negatives, do minor fix ups with Pixelmator? The web doesn't address scanners with Pixelmator and I can't seem to get anyone on the phone at Apple.

Thanks, Tom
Re: Pixelmator (July 13, 2017 03:01AM) VidGreg
Hi Tom
Know I have been at least 1 person recommending Pixelmator so thought I'd comment.
Pixelmator does all the things you are asking about and lots, lots more. You can import from a scanner, (not sure about your particular model) modify and export, transcode to different formats, major repairs, etc….
It really is a great program for an exceptionally fair price. I actually bought my copy on sale for half off many years ago, free updates since. Even full price Pixelmator is well worth it and cheaper than PS. Haven't used nor installed PS in a long time.

OK, here are some unknowns.
You are running Snow Leopard, that is a very old OS in terms of computer advancement. While Pixelmator has been around since before SL, I don't know the current level of Pixelmator support for SL. I do know that many of the features of the current version are dependent on later OS code and components so some features cannot work in SL.
I suggest you try to download the free trial and if it doesn't work contact Pixelmator support. This is a very small team (mostly 2 brothers I think and now a couple of others) but they have been very responsive to email support. They may be able to sell you an older version that will run on SL. Really don't know. Maybe current version works fine with some limitations due to OS???

Hope you enjoy your new MP
Greg
Re: Pixelmator (July 13, 2017 07:32AM) Ken Stone Admin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login