Re: Toast and Snow Leopard

Toast and Snow Leopard (July 14, 2017 02:27AM) Tom George
My "new" MacPro has Snow Leopard installed. With my old G5 running Tiger I was using Toast Titanium 8 which I'm told will not work on Snow Leapard. I called the maker of Toast and the only version they now sell is Toast Titanium 15 and according to them will not run on Snow Leopard. Any way to get a Toast version that works with Snow Leopard so I can burn my TS video files?

Thanks, Tom
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 14, 2017 03:13AM) Alexander
See if your Toast 8 will install.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 14, 2017 04:50AM) Tom George
Still in the shop for some tweeks. Hope to have it today. Tom
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 14, 2017 12:56PM) Tom George
I got my computer back and it had Toast 8 and it worked. I hooked up MacPro and opened FCP. I opened three projects and they all opened with no problems. I even ran a test clip through Compressor, DVDSP4, and burned a DVD with Toast 8. I L&C from my playback deck. Reset the monitor and speaker settings and tested a few other things on my checklist that I made. The only problem I have is that my Epson Expression V500 Photo scanner isn't recognized by the MacPro. Although it worked with my G5 running Tiger. With Apples and Epson's help I was able to download two driver versions but when I went to install I got an "installation failed" message. I even downloaded an update for this scanner through the Mac Update menu. I can do everything but scan. If I can't resolve this issue with the Mac perhaps I'll try to get the PC driver and scan through my PC. I've never used anything but PhotoShop on the Mac to scan photos, slides and negatives. Not sure what program to use on the PC. Tom
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 14, 2017 09:52PM) Alexander
Print and Scan is handled in "System Preferences" in the Mac's OS. Does your printer work? Wireless or USB? Sometimes Scanners only work if directly connect by USB cable. You don't need to use PS to scan, use your combo printer/scanner.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 15, 2017 12:07AM) Tom George
Still working with Apple for a scanner fix for the MacPro. The scanner is connected by USB but the driver will not install. I was able to download and install the driver for this scanner on my PC and was able to scan photos and slides. Scan works good but not as user friendly as my old Photoshop on the Mac. At least for now I can satisfy my clients when it comes to scanning. Tom
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 15, 2017 12:12AM) Alexander
Is your scanner a stand-alone, or a printer&scanner?

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 15, 2017 01:33AM) Tom George
A stand-alone.
Re: Toast and Snow Leopard (July 15, 2017 02:19AM) Alexander
Borrow a combined printer/scanner and see if this works. The stand alone can be fussy to be recognised by the Mac. (intel vs non-intel drivers)

Cheers
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login