New FCP X

New FCP X (April 10, 2018 10:52AM) benvideo
Hi Ken and Friends,

I've finally made the leap to X. JUst finished downloading it. Please suggest the best places where I can learn how to use it.

Thanks,

Ben Bryant NYC
Re: New FCP X (April 10, 2018 04:29PM) philsfilm
Re: New FCP X (April 11, 2018 12:43AM) benvideo
Thanks Phil.

Ben Bryant NYC
Re: New FCP X (April 11, 2018 01:36AM) philsfilm
You're welcome, Ben.
After years on FCP 2-7, it took me a while to get up to speed on X. It's a different language but now I'm flying.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Phil
Re: New FCP X (April 11, 2018 03:52AM) benvideo
I see that there is a wealth of material, many X articles, here. I think I'll start with them. The version I just downloaded is 10.4.1. Any suggestions as to which one of the many I should begin with?

Thanks,

Ben Bryant NYC
Re: New FCP X (April 11, 2018 05:12AM) philsfilm
Re: New FCP X (April 12, 2018 11:24AM) XGTV
Re: New FCP X (April 12, 2018 11:54AM) XGTV
Ben, I should add that being a seasoned editor moving over to FCPX is a bit like being a Formula One racing champion then being given a new car where the accelerator makes the car stop, the brakes make it go faster and when you turn the steering wheel clockwise the car turns left. You know the processes and know what you want to do but things work very differently in FCPX, and I imagine it's much easier to learn if you have never edited before. That being said, X is maturing well and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to work with the myriad of modern camera formats without it. I suggest you download the videos, put them onto a usb stick and watch them on your tv at your own pace. It will eventually click but it will take time, so don't give up.

Good luck.
Re: New FCP X (April 12, 2018 01:47PM) benvideo
Thank you, XG, I needed that. Haven't dug into it yet. I'm busy taking care of my wife (bad back) and I need to arrange for some uninterrupted time. But I'll definitely watch the vids.
Stay tuned,

Ben Bryant NYC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login