Re: com.apple.audio Crash window on FCPX?

com.apple.audio Crash window on FCPX? (September 23, 2018 04:27AM) JoeySnap
Hello all,

I have been getting this crash report every time I boot up FCPX. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Joey.

www.JoeySnap.com
Re: com.apple.audio Crash window on FCPX? (September 24, 2018 01:48AM) gaz
hi
try this : press to initiate final cut and hold option + command....in the question answer delete preferences....
hope this helps.
Re: com.apple.audio Crash window on FCPX? (September 24, 2018 01:51AM) gaz
Re: com.apple.audio Crash window on FCPX? (September 24, 2018 03:53AM) VidGreg
Hi Joey
First make sure you are up to date for the plugin. This is a Native Instruments component and NI products need to be updated often. They sometimes run afoul of Apple programming guidelines.
You don't give info on OS, App and Replika version numbers, so advice may change.
If after checking for updates or if you are current, first try to reboot your computer.
If still no go, try launching FCPX from a different User account. If the problem persists, remove the plug-in from your Library Audio components folder, then reboot and see if FCPX works.
If it does, you may need to wait for an update from NI, but be sure to file a bug report. Good idea anyway.

There is a free app called EtreCheck that will do a system check and report on incompatible apps/plugins and crash logs.
If you have used this plugin in the past with no problems, then it is most likely that you have updated something since last usage or the plugin has become corrupted.

I strongly suspect that the new OS Mojave is going to cause problems due to lots of new underlying code, changes to APFS, permissions, extended attributes and the fact that Mojave will no longer fully support 32bit code. I highly recommend everyone to fully back up(2X or more) and clone their current drives before doing a "Clean Install" of Mojave. Don't use Migration Assistant and simply update via App Store Updates. This is my standard procedure for any major OS update, but I think very important for Mojave.

Best of Luck
Hope this Helps, Greg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login