Re: Relink files

Relink files (March 08, 2019 11:35PM) ericcosh
HELP!!! I'm working on a movie called Hope Road. Unfortunately, it was edited with Adobe Premiere Pro. I didn't know that at the time, so when I received the hard drive of course nothing worked for me. I sent it back to the editor and he changed it to IMG files. I have the app Send to X which now puts it into FCP X.
When I brought it into FCP X, you can see by my attachment that all the files are missing and have to be relinked, which I thought I had done. See slide Incompatible files and the message.
What am I doing wrong? Every time I select even one file instead of entire batch, I get the same message. This is very frustrating and I just don't know what to do from here.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Warmly,
eric cosh
Re: Relink files (April 27, 2019 04:44PM) Alexander
You could try saving the files first (self-contained rather than a reference file) and assembling them in one folder. Point FCP to that and try relinking.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Relink files (April 27, 2019 11:39PM) ericcosh
Hi Alexander. All of the files are on the HD that they sent me. I was able to bring in some of the files, but most of the others just come up with Incompatible File showing that the audio isn’t the same. I’ve pretty much decided that this whole thing is just way too complicated to pursue any further. Thank you so much for your suggestion. Warmly, Eric
Re: Relink files (April 28, 2019 11:21AM) Alexander
Eric, What is the format of the HD they sent you? transfer all to another drive that is formatted Mac OS. Can you render the incompatible files to match those that you can bring in?

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Relink files (April 29, 2019 12:12AM) ericcosh
HI Alexander. Again, thank you so much for your help. I’ve never had to deal with this before so it’s foreign to me. The drive is formatted ExFat which I use all the time when I’m having to transfer between windows and Macs. This is how I always format drives for Window customers since as you know, they work for both Mac & Windows. Even if I import any of those files into my other drives that are formatted OS, it still doesn’t work. The one question I do have is, many of the files are alias files. How can I find the original of these files?
Re: Relink files (April 29, 2019 12:20AM) ericcosh
Here is the alias
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login