DVD Studio Pro templates missing

DVD Studio Pro templates missing (March 26, 2019 05:47AM) Videot
Hi, all —

I just hopped in my Delorean and installed FCP Studio (the new 2009 version) on my MBP. I punched in my thousand-character serial number and FCP ran fine. DVD Studio Pro, however, doesn't seem to have any of its templates available. I checked inside the app's package, where I believe I should have found a Templates folder inside the Resources folder... but there was nothing.

I even checked the now-dead copy of DVD-SP on my iMac (which, as of last year, has High Sierra, so none of my older FCPStudio apps work here anymore) and likewise found DVD-SP not holding the templates. In case you're wondering why this little walk down amnesia lane: I've found that I still have need to create the occasional DVD. I work at a school and teachers, parents, and admins still ask for disc copies of the productions I edit, for one reason or another. The only way to do this reliably, IMHO, is by using DVD-SP. iDVD just isn't going to cut it for me.

(I should add that since the licenses for FCPStudio on my iMac are now no longer functional, I have no issue installing the same software on my MBP — there's no chance the iMac version will ever be run again; I'm not setting this computer up for dual-boot.)

So it's been years since I've had to deal with this kind of thing — where all my DVD-SP templates are missing, especially after a fresh install from scratch

Am I just forgetting something that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance.

— Mike
Re: DVD Studio Pro templates missing (March 26, 2019 08:59AM) Videot
Disregard. I must have missed a step in installation. Just finished a second pass and all is good.
Re: DVD Studio Pro templates missing (April 27, 2019 04:48PM) Alexander
Create a new template and save it, that might point to where the provided templates are are.

Cheers
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login