Re: Silly question? (old software) (could be your chuckle for today)

Silly question? (old software) (could be your chuckle for today) (February 11, 2020 02:41AM) Deanna*
hello,

I may be a little delusional...or maybe not. But, I still have the disks and books from my original purchase of FCS 5.0 and I was wondering if anyone thought there would be any interest in this if I put it out for sale or.....? I have moved on to FCX. But I hate throwing away something that technically still works.....even though it will not do HD. Is it ewaste? and paper recycling?

I suspect it is but have not been able to bring myself to throw it away. It was rather expensive back then.

And if you're chuckling.. well.... oh well... I thought I'd ask. :-)

Thanks!
Deanna
Re: Silly question? (old software) (could be your chuckle for today) (February 15, 2020 02:57PM) Joe Redifer
FCP 5 will do HD. HD support started with FCP v4. You could put it up on eBay or whatever and see if it gets any bids. Just don't start the bid too high, maybe $5. If you're good with it possibly selling for $5 then it might actually sell. I still have the box for Final Cut Pro v1. It's currently displayed on my knick-knack shelf. A $1000 knick-knack.

Re: Silly question? (old software) (could be your chuckle for today) (February 17, 2020 01:00PM) Deanna*
Hi Joe,

Thanks for replying. I forgot that it did do HD. I never used it for that. I had a big break in any editing projects. I didn't do any for quite some time (years, in fact) and then HD was well established but my old camera couldn't do it as it was only SD.

I'll check about eBay, etc... and see if there is any response. It's a $1300 ...shelf ornament now, too! .... :-(

....served me well, though! And now I'm into FCX. :-)

thanks again,
Deanna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login