Since upgrading my OS to 12.1 Monterey, I am unable to burn a Blu-ray disc.

Since upgrading my OS to 12.1 Monterey, I am unable to burn a Blu-ray disc. (January 10, 2022 02:44PM) philsfilm
Since upgrading my OS to 12.1 Monterey, I am unable to burn a Blu-ray disc.
I'm using Compressor 4.6. My workflow is to export a ProRes 422 file and put that
into Compressor to create a Blu-ray Disc Image. After burning, the media is indicated on the disc by the 453.6 MB file size. Yet my Blu-ray Disc player shows a blank disc. When I burn a DVD with the same ProRes 442 file, it works.
In addition, when I burn Blu-ray from a Disc Image made before I upgraded to Monterey, it works too.
I've consulted Apple tech support and they are researching the problem.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Since upgrading my OS to 12.1 Monterey, I am unable to burn a Blu-ray disc. (January 15, 2022 08:43AM) philsfilm
UPDATE:

Finally, some good news! A couple of days ago, an Apple tech support person told me that,?while Apple does not “support” partitioning the main hard drive in order to set up a separate OS, in this case, since we were trying to get Compressor to function properly, it was OK to do. After partitioning, he explained that to download and install an earlier OS, I would have to boot up from “internet recovery” (Shift-Option-Command-R). After downloading and installing Catalina, I upgraded to Big Sur. Then, I attempted to make a Blu-ray. No luck. Same problem. The material was on the BR but did not read on my BR player. So I re-installed Catalina and Compressor 4.5. which was one stage earlier than 4.6 which I have on my Monterey OS. Bingo! It worked! I was successfully able to burn a BR. So if I want to make a BR, I have to open my Catalina partition and work from there. I shouldn’t have to do this but, as for now, that’s the way it is.
BTW, I had the same crash during the "Create Disc" phase. However, when I removed the background pic from the menu, I was able to burn a BR. It seems that between Monterey and Compressor, there is bug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login