Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2?

External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 16, 2008 05:51AM) Mikey
I have been editing SD since FCP 1, and am just now getting into HD. I have been looking through your old articles on HD editing and came across one that mentioned installing 2 files from apple (DVCProHD Components 1.1; Frame Rate Converter for Final Cut Pro HD) to use with Panasonic P2 footage, which I will be using. They are listed as necessary, but the tutorial is based on FCP 4.5, and I have Studio 2. Are these files still necessary? I am also in search of HD/P2 editing basic knowledge.

Thanks, as always in advance.

Mikey
G5 PPC dual 2,5; Leopard, Studio 2
Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 16, 2008 06:01AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 16, 2008 08:30AM) Mikey
Thanks. I thought the newer version might be so equipped. Another question while I have your ear- The test files that were sent to me by the camera operator were captured to P2 cards, but he delivered them to me as .mov (DVCPRO HD 720p60) files on a DVD. Could this be why the P2 option does not show up under import options? Is this a good way for him to send me files? I don't have an HD deck or camera. I have been monitoring via a DSR-11 deck to NTSC monitor. Could I trouble you for recommended FCP settings for such files?

Mikey
Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 16, 2008 08:38AM) Ken Stone Admin
HI Mikey,

You can't capture from a DVD, no need to really, they are already 'captured'. Open your Scratch disk > Capture folder and drag the files off the DVD into the folder. Then import the files from the folder into the Browser.

--ken
Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 17, 2008 04:10AM) Mikey
I think I phrased a confusing question. I have been just transferring the .mov files from DVD to the project's capture folder. What I am having difficulty with is monitoring video on an external NTSC monitor, which is fed by an S video cable output from a Sony DSR-11 DV deck, which is fed via firewire from the G5.

Mikey
Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 17, 2008 06:59AM) Ken Stone Admin
What format is the video you are trying to view on NTSC?

--ken
Re: External P2 components necessary in Studio 2? (June 19, 2008 05:29AM) Mikey
The timeline containing the .mov (DVCPRO HD 720p60) files.

--Mikey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login