FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e

FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 27, 2008 12:14AM) 1jja
Hi Guys

I have FCP 5.1.4 on a powermac G5 version 10.4.11

When trying to import footage from my Sony HDD HDR-SR11e, the FCP application can not detect the camera.

However, when I connect it to my imac which has imovie, not only can it see it but it can also import the footage. Than I export it and then import it to my G5.

Is there a way of importing the footage directly into the G5 without going through the imac and imovie?

Thanks

Jon
Re: FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 27, 2008 05:34AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Jon,

You need to go to Sony and dnl software drivers for your Mac that will allow FCP to see your camera and transfer in the video. With some Sony camera one driver mounts the camera and another driver priovides for Log and Transfer.

--ken
Re: FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 27, 2008 08:00AM) 1jja
Hi Ken.

Thanks for that.

I tried to google dnl software drivers without success. Would you have any idea where I might be able to download these drivers?

Thanks

Jon
Re: FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 27, 2008 08:04AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Jon,

I have this for the HDR-SR 12, would this work for your camera? Do you have FCP version 6.0.1 or later?

(1) Mount the SR12 on the Handycam cradle and connect via USB to the Mac. Power up the camera and select "USB Connect" on the camera's touchscreen.

(2) Open the "Log and Transfer" window in FCP6 and wait while the camera is detected. (iPhoto may also open but you can safely ignore this.) The "Log and Transfer" window will then populate with a thumbnail for every clip on the camera's harddrive. You can preview the clips within the "Log and Transfer" window if you wish. Add logging information as desired.

(3) To choose whether clips will be transferred in AIC or Apple ProRes formats you access the "gears" button on the top right of the window. Select the clips to be transferred and add them to the Transfer Queue.

(4) You may continue logging later clips while earlier clips are transferring although I have found recently that this may interfere with the transfer process.

Let me know if this works.

--ken
Re: FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 27, 2008 09:20AM) 1jja
Hi Ken

I only have FCP 5.1.4 would this work in the same manor as FCP 6.0.1. Or is there another procedure for FCP 5.1.4?

Jon
Re: FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 27, 2008 02:43PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Jon,

I believe that you do need 6.0.1 or higher for this.

BTW, some Sony cameras will only do Log and Transfer on Intel boxes.

--ken
Re: FCP 5.1.4 can not see Sony HDR-SR11e (November 28, 2008 01:57AM) macfilm
Hi Jon, yes Ken is right you will need at least FCP 6.0.1 on an Intel Mac to import footage from this camera as its AVCHD.

Macfilm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login