Re: Color correction on a multi clip

Color correction on a multi clip (February 25, 2009 03:19AM) Arnie
Hi, For years I have been doing this and I am almost sure there is a better way. I edited a multi clip and only one of the angles (Lets call it camera 1) needs color correction. I have not been able to find a way to apply the filter to the entire clip. (just camera 1).
I go shot by shot through the entire timeline. Somebody please embarrase me.
Arnie
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (February 25, 2009 04:09AM) jlcinc
Hi Arnie,

If you load the clip into the viewer you can then apply any filter to the clip.

John
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (February 25, 2009 05:59AM) Arnie
So are you saying to color correct in the viewer before editing the 2 cameras together?
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (February 25, 2009 08:44AM) jlcinc
Yes that way your clip will have the filter applied to it. If you have already edited the multicllip sequence apply the filter to the first clip in the sequence and then copy, use the find command, find all, then paste attributes, filters. The problem here is if you have any other filters on the clip they will be pasted as well.

John
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (February 25, 2009 10:15AM) Arnie
When you drag the color corrector filter from the viewer to the timeline, it gives you two options. In the yellow box it says: "apply to source angle" in the red box it says: "apply to multiclip". why is it that when I drop it in the yellow box it does not apply it to all the clips from the same angle?
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (February 26, 2009 12:59AM) jlcinc
You would have to select all the clips of the same angle. Just like single camera editing when you apply a filter it applies the filter to the selected clip or clips. This may or may not be true but I don't have any other answer and I think this is the way FCP works you would probably have to ask one of the creators of FCP to get the answer.

John
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (February 26, 2009 03:37AM) Rick Foxx
Arnie,

Here's how I apply filters to an entire camera. Let's say the "Camera 1" footage needs to be color corrected. First, edit your entire multiclip program. Then select one clip from Camera 1 on the timeline and apply your color correction to the single clip. Next, select the color corrected clip and select Edit>Copy from the menu. Now press command+F on the keyboard and type in the name of master clip for Camera 1, and then click the "Find All" button. You'll see every instance of Camera 1 in the multiclip highlighted. You can now select Edit>Paste Attributes from the menu and paste the filter to all Camera 1 clips simultaneously. Be sure to go back to the clip you first applied your color filter to, and remove the extra instance of the filter.

Hope this helps,

Rick
Re: Color correction on a multi clip (January 25, 2011 03:04AM) JavaPop
Rick, this dates back a little; but I am trying it.... and when I try to find the master clip refs as you suggested, nothing highlights. I am using FCP 7
Any additional clues?

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login