Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro

"Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 05:31PM) cchampag
Using DVD studio Pro 4.0.3

I never had a problem authoring a dvd until tonight. I exported a 30 minute file out of final cut then imported the file into dvd studio pro. I have set my encode bit rate to 6.6 and 7.8(max). I set the "first play" to be the track and when I click burn dvd I get "Compiler File Error" please see log. Any one have any ideas what the issue is? This was supposed to be an easy project, errrrr!

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

screen shots attached

Curt C.
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 05:48PM) mcmillyonaire
I have gotten this error twice. Once was while using a files from a usb key, and the another time was when my project files were scattered around my hard drive. After centralizing all my files in one location on my hard drive (in both situations) it fixed the problem.
Not sure if that helps or not.
I've also heard about this problem in imacs due to memory leaks. I think the fix for that was to just build it to your hard drive and not click burn. Instead burn with toast. Are you clicking burn or build? Or have you tried both?
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 06:46PM) cchampag
well, I don't have toast so I guess I can't try that.

I typically just click burn and it builds on its own then burns afterwords...I'm not familiar with any other method to be honest.
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 05:55PM) Alexander
Did you add a menu? This is required even though it is not built or used as first play.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 06:28PM) cchampag
Well, A dvd I sent out last week that was succesful;did not have a menu on it. I formatted it the same way as the one I am doing tonight. I did try to burn another dvd of the one that was succesful from last week and I still get compiler filer error.

I am moving the .mov file to my desktop now to see if its my drive. or Maybe dvd studio pro file is corrupted...
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 06:50PM) cchampag
In the past, I have followed Kens steps to trash FCP preferences. Is there a similar method of doing this for DVD studio pro?
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 26, 2009 10:42PM) jlcinc
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 27, 2009 01:10AM) cchampag
Well, It's working now and now sure why or how. I do notice that a video TS folder and an audio TS folder now shows up on my desktop during/after burn, this never happened before.
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 27, 2009 05:21AM) cosioshi
did you export with compressor? or you imported the .mov directly?

cos
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 28, 2009 09:10AM) cchampag
I imported the .mov directly.
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (February 28, 2009 10:12PM) cosioshi
bu then DVDSP has to do the convert part as well, if I get it right. isn't it better to do it first with compressor?
Re: "Compiler File Error" IN DVD studio Pro (March 01, 2009 09:35AM) Ken Stone Admin
Yes, you have more control over the AC3 and Mpeg2 encoding in Compressor.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login