Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and FCP Studio 2 (October 25, 2012 03:26PM) rommeljapson
Dear FCP Editors

Anyone of you tried installing FCP Studio 2 to Mountain Lion 10.8.2
I remember, I came across the discussion board that Rosetta might be required to be installed first before installing the FCP Studio 2 (please correct me if I am wrong).

Please send "how to guide" or any link procedure or proper way of installing FCP Studio 2 on Mountain Lion.

Many Thanks.
Rommel (FCP editor from Hong Kong)
Re: Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and FCP Studio 2 (October 27, 2012 12:38AM) ronny courtens
Hi Rommel,

You will not be able to install FCS2 directly on Mountain Lion if ML came pre-installed with your Mac. As you said, Rosetta is required to install FCS2 from the discs and Rosetta is not included in Lion or Mountain Lion anymore because it is a PPC app.

Either you wipe your boot drive clean, you install Snow Leopard (to get Rosetta) and then you install FC2 and you upgrade your OS to Mountain Lion,

OR you try to just install Rosetta on your ML computer from your SL installation discs (you will find Rosetta in the Optional Installs folder). This has worked for some people, not for others.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and FCP Studio 2 (October 27, 2012 02:44AM) rommeljapson
Many Thanks - Ronny.
Re: Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and FCP Studio 2 (October 27, 2012 12:28PM) Joe Redifer
Can the new machines being sold now even run on Snow Leopard? It's always been my experience that Macs generally can't run on an older OS than they come installed with.
Re: Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and FCP Studio 2 (October 27, 2012 08:38PM) ronny courtens
You can install any post-PPC OS on any Intel mac. I have the latest iMac 27" booting from different OS'es on different external boot drives for test purposes. It runs Leopard, SL, Lion and ML without any problems.

The only disadvantage of running an older OS on the newest machines is that the hardware (memory, graphics etc...), the software and the OS will not be tuned as perfectly as when you use the latest hardware and software with the latest OS. But when you just install SL to get Rosetta and then you update the machine to ML this is irrelevant.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login