SOUNDTRACK PRO: 'render.mov' could not be opened?

SOUNDTRACK PRO: 'render.mov' could not be opened? (March 16, 2009 02:53AM) jrosson
Folks,
We're dispensing with an annoying background buzz from a multbox and progressing nicely ... when in sending the third clip to Soundtrack Pro (using version 1.1 if it matters) we get the message 'the document render.mov would not be opened' when trying to send a file from FCP to STP?
This seems a boilerplate message, but we could not google a solution, or find one referring to it in Ken's archives.
Anyone know a workaround to get STP to accept the file?
Thank you,
JR
Re: SOUNDTRACK PRO: 'render.mov' could not be opened? (March 16, 2009 07:12AM) jrosson
For anyone else who's happened on this issue ... we've found a workaround.

Seems that while 'sending' files to STP generates the above roadblock -- it does indeed send files to STP (and stores them in the folder you've designated).

Here's the workaround.
1. Go to that folder. You'll now see two files. Let's say the file is called 'joe.' You will see:
joe(quicktime file)
joe (this file has no extension).
2. Go to the browser in STP and drill to that folder. Open it. It will throw you to a dropdown menu. Click on the QUICKTIME version of 'joe.' Now the file opens in STP.
3. Finish your audio work and 'save.'
4. Now you have to go back to FCP and import the file -- then place it in the timeline. Done.

YEESH... but it works.
Re: SOUNDTRACK PRO: 'render.mov' could not be opened? (August 30, 2016 06:23AM) drwendygee
This fix worked great for one day. Then, I was into a series of clips drawn from a master clip with a ? in the file path. I assume that is the problem with them. After getting the message, I looked in the browser of STP, and the quicktime file was NOT there, just the one with the extension that made it seem like it had already been corrected. There WAS the master clip, but it had no in and out points. If I correct that whole clip, would the subclips reload into FCP correctly? Any other ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login