Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut

Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 11:07AM) steve douglas
I seem to be having a problem and am open to suggestions. I am making a short demo using Snap Pro which I then need to bring in to Final Cut. For both the mic track and the audio track I am using IMA 4:1, 48khz, 16 bit settings with the video setting on animation. The problem is that even though the finished Snap X demo plays fine in QT, Final Cut will not render the audio in the FCP timeline when I go to either mixdown or render all. A plain general error window pops up.
Anyone have an answer for this conundrum?
thanks in advance,
Steve
no, I haven't trashed my fcp preferences yet.
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 11:18AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

IMA 4 is not a FCP friendly format. What other audio formats are available to you other than IMA4?

--ken
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 11:30AM) steve douglas
Hey Ken,
The compressor settings it also has are Qualcom pure voice, ALaw 2:1, Mace 3:1 and 6:1, uLaw 2:1, 24 and 32 integer, and 24 and 32 Floating point. I also have the flexibility of several Khz settings as well as 8 and 16 bits.
Steve
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 11:35AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

No joy, is this SnapZ Pro we're talking about?

Can you open the IMA4 audio in QT and export as AIFF?

--ken
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 11:55AM) steve douglas
It seems to work if I export just the audio from QT to AIFF, but if I try to export both the audio and video file, no go.
Steve

Yes, it is SnapZ Pro X
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 12:02PM) Ken Stone Admin
Steve,

Is this for some type of tutorial? The reason that I ask is that the people I know who create tutorials, use SnapZ or IShowU to record the screen and then do the voice overs separetly.

Can you export as AIFF and then put that with your video?

--ken
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 12:51PM) steve douglas
Yep, that's what I plan to do and the way I will be doing it. I just thought that the audio from SnapZ should still be accepted by FC. Oh well.,
Steve
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 05, 2009 11:19PM) ronny courtens
Hi Steve,

I have done some tutorials using Spapz and when exporting with audio I choose None for Compressor and 48KHz. This has always worked with FCP.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 06, 2009 04:29AM) steve douglas
Thanks Ron, will try it. An Snapz update just came out today as well.
Steve
Re: Snap Pro X 2.1.4 & Final Cut (May 06, 2009 04:40PM) Craig Seeman
I use ScreenFlow. I have no problems like this at all. I can even export in FCP friendly format on up through Apple Pro res in HD frame sizes. I can use PCM audio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login