DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use

DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 15, 2009 07:17AM) Dava
I have Cam A recorded in DV and Camera B recorded in DVCAM -
Cam A has tiny little lines, cam B is sharp.
I have imported ntsc anamorphic - ntsc dv - but still have this artifact.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to marry these two and end up with full letterbox for the web?

davadiva
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 15, 2009 09:34AM) David Harbsmeier
Since they were recorded with two different cameras it will be difficult, if not impossible to get them to look the same. Your description of "tiny little lines" doesn't really tell us much; can you post a screen short or link to a short clip?

-DH
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 15, 2009 11:43AM) Dava
Sorry, I thought I had attached this - I will export a segment also.
dava
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 15, 2009 02:10PM) David Harbsmeier
The image isn't showing up in any of the three browser I use.

-DH
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 16, 2009 02:45AM) David
If it's what I'm seeing, it looks like scan lines. But first off, set your Canvas view to "fit to window". The fact that one cam was DV and the other was DVCAM doesn't figure in to the letterbox. That's a setting in 1)your camera, 2) FCP sequence settings (I think).

DD
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 16, 2009 09:48AM) David Harbsmeier
DV, DVCam, DVCPro and Digital 8 are all the same codec: DV25. DVCam uses a different track pitch and tape speed than DV as well as locked audio. Other than that they are the same.

-DH
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 16, 2009 11:13AM) Dava
I have DV and DV cam which are the same codec...A roll and B roll has
.. interlacing (tiny shimmering around the edges)
How do I deinterlace in Final Cut Pro?

thanks -
Re: DV and DV Cam Sources how to import and use (July 17, 2009 08:17AM) David
Do not deinterlace your footage unless your final product is for web only (computer viewing), and deinterlacing should be done by the software that does the encoding.

While it is OK to deinterlace a still image in the TL, to reduce "shimmering", there are various filters that can help - image stabilizer, flicker filter - try one at a time.

DD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login