I can't find the trash can

I can't find the trash can (July 24, 2009 04:38PM) Trig Simon
Hi Ken,

I moved some files from my mac/user/trig/ folder to another hard drive to free up my boot drive.

Well, now I can't find my trash bin. Anyway to get it back? Download it? Reinstall (Yuck!). I did search for trash and it says it is in the user folder, but I can't find it in the finder.

Thanks,
Trig
Re: I can't find the trash can (July 24, 2009 04:49PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Trig,

You mean that the Trash has disappeared from your Dock?

--ken

Re: I can't find the trash can (July 24, 2009 05:01PM) Trig Simon
I'm sorry, I have been looking for it in the finder and desktop. Duh, feel dumb. I never went to the dock to empty trash.

But, my big problem is that I can't export FCP to Compressor. When I export, compressor opens, then I get a box telling me the render files can't be found. So, I hit continue since I don't need rendered files for DVDSP4.

Then, FCP comes to the front and I get the spinning beach ball, forever.

I tried trashing prefs, and plist. I even trashed compressor plist. Thats when I freaked and was looking for the trash can to get it back.

If you have any suggestions, let me know. If anything develops here, I will keep you posted.

Trig
Re: I can't find the trash can (July 24, 2009 05:06PM) Ken Stone Admin
Exporting to Compess is problemtic, one of my Macs crashes everytime I try, so don't.

Select the Sequence in the Browser or in the Timeline, set In and Out points.

File > Export > QT (Not with Conversion). Make Self Contained, Use Current Settings, Do Not Recompress all frames.

Drop the QT export into Compressor.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login