HELP!! trying to lay off to tape - old SD project

HELP!! trying to lay off to tape - old SD project (August 29, 2009 03:48PM) flickchicks
Hi

I'm having troubles laying off to tape an old SD PAL 4:3 project. I can Print to Video with my HDV projects no problems, but i can't get this SD PAL 4:3 project to work.

The camera (deck ) I'm using is a JVC HD GY111 and I've put this to DV 50i video format, as the project was shot on 24fps SD, 4:3. The original project was shot on a SD Sony camera PD 170 (which I still have). I don't know if it's the JVC camera that is causing the problem or not? I'd rather not use the old Sony as I'm not confident of the heads on it.

In FCP I've tried using Print to Video and Printing from the Timeline instructions using a Ken Stone paper from Sept 16 2002 - but had no luck.

I really need to send off this tape and hope you can help.

Cheers, Margie
Re: HELP!! trying to lay off to tape - old SD project (August 30, 2009 10:35AM) cosioshi
are you exporting as 24 fps or you converted to 25? maybe this is one of the reasons. I don't think it would hurt to try your other camera, for instance.

cos
Re: HELP!! trying to lay off to tape - old SD project (August 30, 2009 11:06AM) flickchicks
Hi

I'll double check that I have the export as 24 frames in FCP from my sequence. Is this where you mean - FCP not on the camera settings? To check this do I go to Audio/video settings in FCP?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Margie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login