slideshow montage in FC

slideshow montage in FC (September 04, 2009 12:48PM) sgribber
I'm making a photo montage in FC. No video clips, just jpegs. For every single adjustment in the timeline, I get the pinwheel and have to wait. My machine is plenty fast and there's no wait when cutting video. I thought photos would be a breeze.

I set to Unlimited RT, hoping this would make a difference but it didn't. How can photos take more memory than the movie clips? Is FC the best tool for making photo montages ?
Re: slideshow montage in FC (September 05, 2009 04:43AM) Ken Stone Admin
Are any of your photos CYMK, FCP does not like CYMK. Also what are the sizes of the photos that you are working with?

--ken
Re: slideshow montage in FC (September 05, 2009 01:38PM) sbeisen
Re: slideshow montage in FC (September 06, 2009 12:10AM) Alexander
Hi Steve, you are referring to NTSC DV 4:3 video.
This is chart is useful for more formats, as you know aready, video uses rectangular pixels, computer graphics use square pixels.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: slideshow montage in FC (September 08, 2009 01:10PM) sgribber
That did the trick! I dropped all photos into photoshop and did a batch resize. No more pinwheel ! Thanks much guys!

I've got 130 photos in FC timeline. I want to do a 'ken burns' effect for all the photos. I tried downloading a plug-in but there were some strange side effect; skipping frames..etc. I've discovered key frames to get the same result. Problem is , I would have to do this 130 times. Is there an automated way to apply a key frame effect where the photos move ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login