DVCAM 25p

DVCAM 25p (September 14, 2009 12:10AM) Mat J
Hi all,

I have some footage that was shot in DVCAM 25p. I can't find this in the capture setting in FCP...

What would be the best capture settings for this? I'm capturing from a Sony V1E and haven't had problems with this in the past, although I have never had to capture this type of footage before.

Cheers
Mat.
Re: DVCAM 25p (September 14, 2009 06:59AM) cosioshi
it's just regular DV PAL setting. the camera or deck detects whether is DVCAM or DV SP automatically, you don't need a different set up the DV PAL, standard or anamorphic.

cosmo
Re: DVCAM 25p (September 14, 2009 09:27AM) Graeme Herwig
Hi Mat
When capturing dv from a dvcam source sometimes it pays to do the following:
With the deck /cam plugged in fw connected and turned on- start FCP
Selected the standard dv pal set up under capture settings in FCP and duplicate this set up and work using this duplicate setting.

This seems to jog the set up better to work with a Sony deck/cam system and the locked audio of the DVcam footage.

Not familiar with the camera you are using- you could also check that you don't have to manually turn it to DVcam playback mode? i'd assume it auto detects but you never know.

Graeme
Re: DVCAM 25p (September 14, 2009 10:18PM) Mat J
Hi guys

Thanks for your response. I had to get a move on so i simply did an ilink conversion using the regular DV settings in FCP. Footage digitized fine. But, you're saying I could have simply digid the footage as DVCAM using the standard anamorphic setting? will remember this for next time.

Thanks again.
Re: DVCAM 25p (September 15, 2009 05:39AM) cosioshi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login