What's the Green Check Mark mean?

What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 26, 2009 06:39AM) youngeddie
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what is that green check mark in the Viewer window mean? There is also a yellow Alert sign in the viewer when certain clips are selected. That can't be good, but I don't know what to do about it.

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks! Eddie
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 26, 2009 06:43AM) steve douglas
Go to View/Range check and click off to get rid of these. They serve a very useful purpose when checking to make sure that your luma and chroma are not in excess.
Steve
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 26, 2009 06:47AM) youngeddie
Thanks Steve!

That's very useful information. My project has some really extreme color and lighting issues.

Thanks! Eddie
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 07:27AM) cosioshi
then you should use those signs to apply your needed filters, brightness and contrast, and color correction.

cosmo
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 11:27AM) youngeddie
Thanks Cosmo,

I will.

Thanks, Eddie
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 12:55PM) youngeddie
So... after I use the "three way color correction" tool, and I'm still getting the triangle alert sign, is using the "Broadcast Safe" effect that proper way to make things right?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Eddie
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 01:02PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 01:11PM) youngeddie
Brilliant!

Thanks Ken!!!

Eddie
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 01:44PM) Ken Stone Admin
A little long in the tooth but still valid.

--ken
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 01:56PM) youngeddie
You have been a huge help to me over the years. I thank you for your kindness and generosity, and for being there for those of us that are scratching our heads!

Sincerely,

Eddie
Re: What's the Green Check Mark mean? (September 27, 2009 02:02PM) Ken Stone Admin
Thanks for the kudos.

Yes, you can use the Broadcast Safe filter to bring everything into line.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login