HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard

HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 01:58AM) deadgame01
Hi Everyone,

Here is my dilemma. I brought a new MacBook Pro the other day, which comes with 10.6 Snow Leopard. Problem is, the version of FCP that I'm currently using won't run with snow leopard, but it will with 10.5. With this economy, and the way business is going, I just cant shell out another $1000-$1300 for the latest version of FCP. Plus, mine still does everything that I need at this present time.

So....can yall please point me in the direction of 10.5 Leopard? It would also help if it were fairly cheap. It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 02:17AM) jlcinc
I do understand about the economy I think most of us are in the same sinking boat but just so you know the upgrade is $299.00. Do a google search for your local Mac user groups and see if they have a classified forum or just post a message with them, someone my have a disc that they no use for anymore. Last I would take a look at kijiji or ebay.

John
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 02:29AM) deadgame01
Thanks for the reply. I have an academic version of FCP, so upgrading isn't an option is it?
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 02:21AM) Graeme Herwig
Hi

what you need is access to the 'Mac OS X Retail Version 10.5.6 Leopard' from a friend or to buy.
It's still available at quite a price at Amazon and ebay. Even with a copy of the disc - there are no guarantees that the instal will cope with the hardware spec of your new laptop- if you post your exact MBP model number I can do a check for you.

You may find it a better all round option to get the FCS Upgrade package at $299*

*About the Upgrade
The Final Cut Studio upgrade provides an upgrade path from Final Cut Studio 2, Final Cut Studio 1, Production Suite, or any prior version of Final Cut Pro. Academic and Not-For-Resale (NFR) versions are not eligible for upgrade.

by the way which version of FCP are your using?
Graeme

Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 02:40AM) Graeme Herwig
No the Academic version is not is not covered by the Upgrade package.

Which version number of FCP do you have? - have you had it running on an intel mac before?

Graeme
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 03:39AM) deadgame01
@Graeme,

Was the 10.5.6 disk your supplier sent you an update disk, or a retail version? Could I use and update disk? I got my MacBook Pro only a few days ago directly from Apple. I came with Snow Leopard already on it.
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 02:54AM) deadgame01
@Graeme,

I'm using FCP Studio 1. I have not ran it on an intel mac before. I called Apple tech support and they said that I could 10.5 leopard was made to run on both intel mac and processors. My girfriend has an intel mac, and it rund perfect on hers. She has leopard. Is the the model info you needed? Model Name: MacBook Pro; Model Identifier:MacBookPro5,5
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 03:17AM) Graeme Herwig
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 03:42AM) deadgame01
@Graeme,

Was the 10.5.6 disk your supplier sent you an update disk, or a retail version? Could I use and update disk? I got my MacBook Pro only a few days ago directly from Apple. I came with Snow Leopard already on it.

I'm in a bind I tell ya'....
Re: HELP!! HELP!! I need help finding MAC OS 10.5 Leopard (January 12, 2010 04:02AM) Graeme Herwig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login