Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras

Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 06:57AM) ardisius
Folks

I am having to make use of .mpg video from my digital still camera (my camcorder died at the last crucial moment)...but the resulting .mpgs, even converted in QT to .mov, are still jerky and only barely usable.

Any ideas on how to configure/tweak the mpgs to improve them?

Thanks

Roy
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 07:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 07:11AM) ardisius
Thanks Ken

Yes, I've tried in MPEG Streamclip (an app I really appreciate and use almost exclusively) but doesn't help much :(

Roy
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 07:17AM) Ken Stone Admin
Are they true stills, what frame rate were they shot at?

--ken
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 02:06PM) ardisius
Hi Ken,

I'm sorry to say, but so far all efforts have seemingly failed to get any improvement of significance to these digital still camera .mpg clips.

I don't know if anyone else has any worthwhile suggestions.

Regards

Roy
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 07:31AM) ardisius
30fps—

Here's the Item Properties Screen
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 07:44AM) Ken Stone Admin
What is the frame rate of your sequence settings?

--ken
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 08:09AM) ardisius
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 08:12AM) Ken Stone Admin
Then you'll want to convert the 30.00 from the still camera to 29.97 of your sequence using Comprssor.

30.00 fps is not a legit video frame rate.

--ken
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 08:24AM) ardisius
Oh no...

I just went into Compressor to convert my files and found...Compressor was still defaulting to PAL from a previous project — hence 25fps :(

That WOULD make a huge difference...

Roy
Re: Using .mpg video from digital "still" cameras (February 21, 2010 08:16AM) ardisius
Aha! Thank you very much Ken, I'll try that!

Roy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login