Color Monitor

Color Monitor (February 22, 2010 12:54AM) Kent
The instructions for doing color corrections emphasizes the need for a good quality broadcast monitor. I currently use a 30" Sony Bravia HDTV as an additional computer monitor. I have tried to calibrate the picture with a NTSC bars and tone but was unable to properly adjust the yellow, (to green), and blue, (to light). Is there some way to compensate for the HDTV's short comings?
This is a new endeavor and I am on a limited budget.

Thanks

Kent
Re: Color Monitor (February 22, 2010 01:24AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Color Monitor (February 22, 2010 12:22PM) Kent
Limited Budget. I don't work for the government so I need to be conscious about what I spend.

Thanks for the input. Since I am not on a government limited budget I will give ebay a try.

Having Fun

Kent
Re: Color Monitor (February 22, 2010 02:02AM) dkag7
i use a JVC BM-H1310SU, 10 year old, NTSC broadcast monitor that i got on ebay for $100.
once calibrated, it does the job just fine. most of my work ends up on SD DVD's so, no real need for me to look at HD stuff, yet... I did do a quick test looking at some unconverted HDV material on my HDTV, then some converted HDV material to DV.
I found that converting HDV to DV (FPS and Resolution changes) does not really alter the color of HDV, that I could see with the eye... So if i do get a job that is to remain in HDV format when done, convert some of it to DV, do some basic color correction on it, copy and paste that color correction filter to the HDV material... do a quick check on it on my HDVT.

Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login