QT files suddenly unreadable and off-line

QT files suddenly unreadable and off-line (March 08, 2010 02:54AM) barberine
Trying to help a friend to capture his DV Pal footage with FCP 4, we obtained 3 QT files that were readable either in FCP from the browser or directly from the QT file through QT player. After a few hours work those 3 QT files became suddenly off-line in the browser and unreadable with QT player. I tried to drag them from the capture scratch folder into the browser and got the following message : FCP does not recognize file type. Do I need to recapture. I never had this problem with FCP captures, is there something to do to prevent this to happen again ? Many thanks for your help

Barberine
Re: QT files suddenly unreadable and off-line (March 08, 2010 07:05AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: QT files suddenly unreadable and off-line (March 18, 2011 05:09AM) petroharry
But that doesn't explain why quicktime can't read the files either. I have the same problem here, I have imported two days worth of old vhs footage using fcp only as an import device to create QTs on a 1TB USB drive (I know firewire would be preferred, but this is what the client provided, and I won't be editing from it). I have constantly checked the files in fcp as I have imported.
Now the files cannot be read by fcp or QT. I have taken the drive to another computer, with the same results. We are talking hours of footage here, what can be done?
Re: QT files suddenly unreadable and off-line (March 18, 2011 11:57AM) Ken Stone Admin
How did you bring the VHS media, which is analog, into FCP which reads digital files, not analog?

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login