transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC

transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC (April 23, 2010 04:18AM) cchampag
Hi All,
I captured 7 tapes onto my iMac and would like to transfer my capture scratch footage to another macbook pro for a different user to browse footage and use the clips for his purposes. When trying to open up the capture scratch clips on the other computer, quicktime tells us it cannot be opened and its not a format quicktime can understand. I have FCP 7, he does not have FCP at all. Any reason or explanation why quicktime cannot view clips? He is using quicktime 10

Thanks,
Curt C.
Re: transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC (April 23, 2010 05:00AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Curt,

What format are the clips, the ones that you gave him? Chances are that they use a codec that QT 10 can not read. QT 10 is a consumer app, you probably would need QT Pro.

--ken
Re: transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC (April 23, 2010 05:08AM) cchampag
The specs for the clips are...

Dimensions: 1440?×?1080
Codecs: HDV 1080i60, Integer (Little Endian), Timecode
Re: transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC (April 23, 2010 07:08AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC (April 23, 2010 09:24AM) cchampag
Hi Ken,

We did download mpeg stream clip and the clips still will not play on his macbook pro, I also tried importing it into his copy of iMovie... still no luck.

It's interesting because I have mpeg streamclip on my iMac and the same clips play just fine on my iMac, the same clips also load into my iMovie with no problem.

Im guessing this codec issue is because I have FCP installed and he does not? Im really confused...
Re: transfer FCP capture scratch to separate MAC (April 23, 2010 10:12AM) Ken Stone Admin
There is something going on with his MBP. It should be able to play HDV in MPEG Streamclip and I know that iMovie 8.x can also ingest and play HDV.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login