upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP

upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 25, 2010 01:00AM) cosioshi
hi Ken,
I am reinstalling FCS2 after upgrade to Leopard (with erase all and install), being in the process right now:
if I chose the same location for the content of the Suite, would this rewrite or just go over the files, it scares me that it shows 15 hours to the completion of the install?
when installation complete, could I copy the DVDSP content on the Macintosh disk, too?
thank you
cosmo

Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 25, 2010 05:19AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 25, 2010 05:40AM) cosioshi
what I did I installed Leopard with erase and install. wouldn't this erase the whole drive?
the truth is that I didn't have any issues with FCS, only with Tiger, lately.
can I copy the dvdsp content onto the Macintosh and be able to use it without having to connect to the external harddrive to make dvds? does this mean I have to change something and how?

thank you

cos

PS: I hope I'm not too late without using digitalrebellion, am I?
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 25, 2010 05:50AM) Ken Stone Admin
Cos,

If you erased the entire boot drive, then there is no need to uninstall anything.

During a normal install, DVD SP content will be place on the boot drive.

--ken
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 25, 2010 08:24PM) cosioshi
when I inserted the dvd for FCP install, I selected the content to be installed on an external harddrive, but maybe I am talking of two different things, am I?

cosmo
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 25, 2010 10:10PM) cosioshi
hi Ken
I checked the DVDSP and it opened without the templates.
is there a way to reconnect the templates after I copy the content on the boot drive?

cosmo
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 26, 2010 01:16AM) jlcinc
Cosmo,

The templates are stored in the systems library, application support, Final Cut Studio, templates. When you launch DVDSP the software looks for the folder and if it is there the templates will be available to you.

John
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 26, 2010 04:59AM) cosioshi
that's my question, what can I do, because I selected a different location for them to copy to, which is an external harddrive and now I want to see if there is a way to copy them onto the boot drive so I don't have to take the external harddrive with me all the time.

thanks

cosmo
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 26, 2010 05:34AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Cosmo,

You'll have to copy (drag) the folder to the correct location on your boot drive. See attached.

--ken
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (April 26, 2010 05:53PM) cosioshi
hi Ken,
thank you

cosmo
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (May 10, 2010 10:35PM) cosioshi
hi Ken,
just to be sure: do I have to copy them in the Macintosh HD - Application support or in the user folder - application support?

I can see you have two folders there that I don't have: DiscPublishing and Cinema Tools.
did I install my system wrong?

thank you

cosmo
Re: upgrade Leopard and reinstall FCPstudio2 HELP (May 11, 2010 05:34AM) Ken Stone Admin
The full path is

HD > Library > App Support > Final Cut Studio

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login