songs changing

songs changing (May 11, 2010 10:55AM) Diana
This is most puzzling and maddening.
The songs on the audio TL for my project keep changing their places - not their places on the TL (that I could understand) but their IN and OUT points!
Any idea how that can be?
Diana.
Re: songs changing (May 11, 2010 11:01AM) Arnie
I used to have issues with songs until I converted them through QT to AIF's.
Re: songs changing (May 11, 2010 11:47AM) Diana
Thanks Arnie, but they are all in AIFF
Re: songs changing (May 12, 2010 03:57AM) Arnie
It used to happen with songs that I got from itunes as AIFF. I then converted those through QT to AIF and the issues went away.
Re: songs changing (August 21, 2011 10:53AM) Arnie
Diana hi, Did you resolve this issue?
Arnie
Re: songs changing (May 11, 2010 02:05PM) David
Not sure I understand your question. You say the songs on the TL keep changing their places, but not on the TL. Soooo, where DO they change places? Do you mean the I/O keeps changing? Explain, please.

DD
Re: songs changing (May 11, 2010 03:16PM) Diana
I said the IN and OUT points of the song keep changing on their own, not the place of the clips on the TL (which could be more easily explained).
Re: songs changing (May 12, 2010 06:49AM) jrosson
This happens when you place a song segment on the timeline -- then decide you want more song on either end (i.e. -- you drag the in or out to include more of the tune).
Somehow this changes the in and out originally set.
The solution is to go back to the viewer and take more song than you will need on either end -- or the whole thing -- and then adjust as necessary.
It doesn't happen when you move the in or out to include LESS song -- just when you want more.
Re: songs changing (May 13, 2010 06:09AM) Diana
Thanks but i never changed the length of the song, that is why it's so strange.
Re: songs changing (May 14, 2010 05:50AM) jrosson
Diana -- resolved yet?
If not - did you try nesting the song in a separate sequence -- then dragging that to your timeline?
Re: songs changing (May 13, 2010 11:46AM) David
As far as I know, you can have only one set of I/O in the TL. So, if you add to or take away anything from the TL, it will look like the I/O has changed, when it really has not, just the length of your sequence.

DD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login