problems in starting motion

problems in starting motion (August 12, 2008 12:13AM) Abdul Hamid
Hi

i recently performed the usual software update on my Mac pro (operating system Mac OS 10.4) and i am now having problems starting the motion application. when i launch it from the dock the usual welcoming message appears with the motion logo. however this time idoesnt say motion 3 but motion upgrade. after this message motion freezes and the applicatrion doesnt launch. please can any one help.

cheers
Re: problems in starting motion (August 12, 2008 02:06AM) ronny courtens
Hi Abdul,

The message "Motion Upgrade" is normal, don't worry. To make Motion relaunch correctly, the first thing you can do it to deleten the Motion preferences. This is how you do this:

Go to your Home/Library/Preferences folder
Look for the com.apple.Motion.plist file
Drag the file to your Trash
Launch Motion.

As I said, this is the first thing you can do. If this does not work we can give you other options to try.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: problems in starting motion (August 12, 2008 02:41AM) Abdul Hamid
Thank you

you have been most helpful. i will let you know if it works.
Re: problems in starting motion (August 12, 2008 09:01PM) Abdul Hamid
Hi Ronny,

I have tried finding the 'com.apple.Motion.plist file' to delete however i am having difficulty locating this motion preference file. please can you advise me on how i can locate this file to delete it.

cheers

Abdul
Re: problems in starting motion (August 13, 2008 07:21AM) ronny courtens
Re: problems in starting motion (August 14, 2008 02:45AM) Abdul Hamid
Hi Ronny

thanks for the advice. it worked. managed to delete the motion file and now it is working fine. i can now go back to doing my motion training.

many thanks

Abdul
Re: problems in starting motion (August 14, 2008 03:12AM) ronny courtens
As Ken would say: Good news, I love good news.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login