Help Multiclip question

Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 06:34AM) Archie
Hi,
I am trying to edit a multiclip (three cameras) but when I am playing from the timeline the muliticlip in the viewer disappears and the timeline appears in both viewer and canvas.
Re: Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 06:37AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 06:48AM) David
That happens to me when I'm playing a RENDERED clip. A quick workaround is to adjust the opacity - but return it to normal - then click the dropdown above the VIEWER and choose OPEN. It should now play normally.

DD
Re: Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 06:57AM) Archie
There is a red bar above the timeline and I am working in "safe mode" because it will not play in unlimited without chugging. I didn't understand the opacity solution.
Re: Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 02:43PM) David
Hi Ronny, how's everything in Belgium? Everything in Texas is finer than frog hair, and temperatures are finally cooling off.

Sorry Archie,I should have explained. Actually, I'm not sure I can. This is not a technical solution, I just know it works for me. You have to do something to the clip to get the green "needs rendering" bar above the TL, and grabbing the opacity line is the quickest way I know. Just pull it down, then move it back to normal. Takes all of 1.5 seconds. This should allow you to see your angles in the VIEWER now.

Having said that, it sounds like you're battling a different set of problems. I THINK the most common cause of the red render line is caused by putting footage of a different format in your sequence. If so, Ronny can probably talk you through getting your sequence settings and your format to agree.

Hope I haven't muddied up the discussion.

DD
Re: Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 06:53AM) Archie
Thanks Ken. But it doesn't answer my predicament. I cannot play the timelime and see the multiclip in the viewer so I can select angles.
Archie
Re: Help Multiclip question (September 22, 2010 09:04AM) ronny courtens
Hi David,

Well for starters you should NOT be working in "safe" mode, never in multiclip. If you get a red render bar you will not be able to see your multiclip in the Viewer.

If the video chugs when you play the multiclip in Unlimited RT mode this means your system is too slow to handle the number of angles or the codec in real time, or there is something wrong with your settings.

So the next question is: what is the format (codec and size) of your multiclip video and what system are you working on (computer, graphics card, RAM).

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login