OT - that time of year again

OT - that time of year again (November 06, 2010 05:17AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to set your clocks back by one hour this evening (Saturday) before you go to bed. The end of Daylight Savings Time, so sad.

We get an extra hours sleep tonight, but by the time that they take out taxes it's really just about 30 minutes.

--ken
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 06, 2010 06:23AM) dkag7
Got that right..
luckily i live in AZ and we dont change the clocks... they do tax though but not as bad as when i lived in CA
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 06, 2010 06:42AM) Ken Stone Admin
Considering that you don't reset you clocks, could we here, in California, borrow about 15 minutes of daylight each day for a week. Just long enough for us to get over the shock of losing an hour.

(g)

--ken
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 06, 2010 06:55AM) dkag7
You already got it!
I never knew this, until i moved here, but the sun goes down about a hour earlier no matter the season. being so far from the ocean seems to eat up the day light... or maybe its that Earth rotating thing going on... i still need to reset all my dvr stuff though ..

honestly though, since i started doing editing, and just editing here at home... the time, and days for that matter, seem to blur all together... the weekends dont have the same glory to them as when you work at a 'real' job..

kurt
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 06, 2010 08:59AM) Ken Stone Admin
Thanks Kurt,

We (us Californians) will return the daylight next Spring when we go back on DST.

--ken
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 06, 2010 03:55PM) David
California must have legalized marijuana(?) last Tuesday... :-)

DD
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 07, 2010 01:45AM) dkag7
They also tax taxes here in the US as well.
They raised my property tax because i bought a new stove and fridge... I told them i already paid taxes on them when i bought them at home depot... I got no answer from them on that.
If they dont tax taxes, then how will all the politicians children be able to go to collage?

When you buy something here, they tax the company that made it, then tax you when you buy it.
As a matter of fact, i think they are taxing each letter that i type in this post :)

Kurt
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 07, 2010 04:18AM) Jon Chappell
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 08, 2010 02:29PM) Morton Molyneux
Here in Alberta we have Daylight Savings Time, next door in Saskatchewan they have never had it.

However Saskatchewan has a provincial sales tax of 5%, Here in Alberta we have none.

cheers

Morton
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 07, 2010 12:16AM) XGTV
Here in the UK we get our daylight saving cut a week earlier than the US. Also we get to see tomorrow several hours earlier, not a pretty sight usually. However, our tax man is up whilst most of us are still asleep, he has taxed everthing and even found a way of taxing tax. Be thankful for your extra week of evening daylight and US taxes.
Re: OT - that time of year again (November 07, 2010 05:13AM) steve douglas
'Taxman' by George Harrison and the Beatles was always one of my favorite cuts.
Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login