Importing Video As Separate Sequences ???

Importing Video As Separate Sequences ??? (May 07, 2011 01:50AM) rgo
Hi Ken

As an event videographer, I do a lot of long activities. Usually they are 60 minute tapes. I load them into a DV player and the entire video is LOGGED and CAPTURED into FCP as one clip.

I recently did a game in HD and had to load it into FCP through the camera. It entered the video as individual clips. Whenever I stopped shooting a scene, thats where the clip ended. So I have 50 clips from the game.

Having never really done this before, I am intrigued by this opportunity.

WHERE DO I GO WITHIN FCP to TURN on this LOG and CAPTURE feature so that each time I load a long clip, FCP will create separate clips so I do not have to SCRUB through the video to find the transition point ?

Is there a check off box in PREFERENCES or somewhere else ?

SECONDLY, is there a way to dissolve all these clips at ONCE with the standard 1 sec dissolve as a preset or do I have to do what I normally do and CUT off 1/2 second to both ends of each clip before I can make the transition dissolve ?

Thanks Ken, I know it is another basic question....FCP 101....but I want to know if this will really create a workflow short cut for me.

Dick Osso
Re: Importing Video As Separate Sequences ??? (May 08, 2011 02:11AM) rgo
Hi Ken

No one has an answer to this workflow ?

Dick Osso
Re: Importing Video As Separate Sequences ??? (May 08, 2011 04:22AM) dkag7
Re: Importing Video As Separate Sequences ??? (May 08, 2011 04:57AM) Ken Stone Admin
Dick,

Open your Effects bin > Transitions. Find the transition you want applied top all clips.Control click on it and set ' default transition'. The transiion name will now be underscored. Select all of the clips in your Browser and drag them all to the Canvas window and select Overwrite with Tramnsition.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login