Copying Assets From One Clip to Another

Copying Assets From One Clip to Another (September 13, 2011 05:17PM) FinalCutSlow
I'm just trying to copy the assets from one text clip to another but it wont let me copy or drag anything from the control tab of one clip to another however, filters will do this just fine. Am I doing anything wrong?
Re: Copying Assets From One Clip to Another (September 14, 2011 01:20AM) David Harbsmeier
Parameters in the Control tab are not copyable from one text generator clip to another. Only the items listed in the Paste Attributes window can be copy and pasted to other clips.

As a workaround, copy the clip and paste it where you want it to go. Then edit the text in the copied clip. That way font, size style and other parameters will be copied ... you just have to change the text for each copy.

-DH
Re: Copying Assets From One Clip to Another (September 14, 2011 05:27AM) FinalCutSlow
Damn the more I learn about FCP the more I want to go back to AVID MC
Re: Copying Assets From One Clip to Another (September 17, 2011 06:24AM) Tom George
You have to type the text anyway so why not just do as DH suggest. All of the attributes are there and all you have to do is do a paste or past insert and type away. When I know I'm going to make a lot of text I make the first one with all the attributes I want then copy and paste as many text clips I desire. All I need to do is type in the new text.

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login