Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes?

Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (October 27, 2011 07:03AM) JavaPop
I know how to do this with footage already acquired; but is there a way perhaps even using another software tool for checking levels if I were to run directly into my MBP?

We use this method sometimes for performances, and then mix in post with multitrack editing.

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (October 28, 2011 11:46AM) Ken Stone Admin
Not through USB 2 or Firewire. This would be possible if you are using a 'third party' card like from AJA or Blackmagic.

--ken
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (October 28, 2011 12:49PM) JavaPop
Ok, thanks Ken!

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (October 30, 2011 07:40AM) steve douglas
You can do a live feed into your MBP using FCX which would enable you to do what you want.
Steve
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (October 30, 2011 08:17AM) JavaPop
I haven't tried ver. x yet; but that in itself may be worth checking out.
Thanks for the tip!

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (November 03, 2011 06:12AM) steve douglas
Sometimes trial versions do not provide all the capabilities of a application. Don't know if this is true with FCX. In the coming weeks I will try to write a tutorial on just this subject, if I can ever get my plate clean of things I must do.
Steve
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (October 31, 2011 07:00AM) JavaPop
Steve, I have downloaded trail vers of FCPx ... Have you tried this? When I connect my HD cam, doesn't appear to give any adjustable monitoring tools...

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Re: Monitor a live camera firewire input with videoscopes? (November 03, 2011 08:40PM) macguruwales
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login